About Me

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I am a Montreal-based actor, writer and comedian. When U.S. President John F. Kennedy was shot, I was three days old. I cried all day. My favourite books of all time are Moby Dick by Herman Melville, The Last Temptation by Nikos Kazantzakis and The Ewoks Fun Time Activity Book by Chirpa and Pamploo. I am a member of The Vestibules, On The Spot Improv and The Best Buy Battery Club. Except for the Battery Club, I've been at all this stuff for over 20 years. Enjoy my blog.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weekly Goofy Movie Clip "Ricardo Montalban and Herve Villechaize's Big Musical Number"

This is a little something I put together....



Okay, then....

Montalban's reactions are from the interrogation scene in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

The musical number is, yes, from the 70's TV series, Fantasy Island.

I can only imagine how the idea for a musical number with Mr. Roarke and Tatoo ever came about.
Possibly it went something like this:

(The Producer of Fantasy Island stands outside of Herve Villechaize's trailer. Herve has locked the door and won't come out.) 
Producer: Herve, you have to come out of your trailer now. We've been ready to shoot for the last two hours.
Herve: No!
Procucer: Look, we've been through this before. We're trying to give you more lines in every episode.
Herve: That's not good enough.
Producer: (sighs) What do you want now?
Herve: I want to be in a musical number.
Producer: What?
Herve: You heard me. A big musical number. With Ricardo. And it has to be part of an episode. I want it to be just like those musicals from the 30's and 40's that Ricardo was in.
Producer: Huh-uh. Do have any experience with that kind of thing?
Herve: Hmmm....I think I might stay in here another two hours...
Producer: (exasperated) Okay. Fine.

Given Ricardo Montalban's experience in those old MGM musicals, pacing the number for Mr.
Villechaize's talents must of been kinda like asking Lance Armstrong to ride a tricycle with training wheels.




Watch for The Weekly Goofy Movie Clip.

Same Bat Time...ish.

Same Bat Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment